Discuss the advantages of dental implants with Dr. Robert D. Bankhardt
- Posted on: May 15 2021
- Leave a response
The replacement of missing or extracted teeth needs to be done as soon as possible to avoid the development of other problems, such as shifting teeth or bone loss. In order to replace a single tooth, many patients will ask their dentist about the benefits of dental implants. While Dr. Robert D. Bankhardt does not surgically place dental implants, he can refer patients to an oral surgeon who can and provide the restoration of the implant afterwards.
What is a dental implant?
Dr. Robert D. Bankhardt of Simi Valley, CA describes the dental implant as a tooth root replacement. The implant itself is a small post-like appliance that is placed during surgery into the jawbone. The area is allowed to heal, during which osseointegration (bone growth) occurs to solidify the implant into the bone. Then, patients return to Dr. Robert D. Bankhardt to have the implant’s abutment restored.
How can a dental implant be restored?
There are several uses for dental implants. They can replace a single tooth with the placement of a dental crown over the abutment, or help replace several by providing support for a dental bridge. Other patients may utilize dental implants to hold a full, complete denture in place for the replacement of all the teeth in the dental arch.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Become one with the body through the growth of bone in the jaw
- Are a permanent and long-lasting option that does not require removal or replacement
- Are versatile, replacing one, several, or all teeth in the dental arch
- Provide strength and stability to implant-retained dentures
- Are made of a biocompatible metal called titanium which does not rust or decompose
- Maintain natural bone due to osseointegration, eliminating a sunken-in appearance to the jaw
- Are a worthwhile investment in the longevity and restoration of a smile!
Are you interested in dental implants?
Find out if dental implants are appropriate for you by booking an appointment with Dr. Robert D. Bankhardt of Simi Valley, California by calling (805) 584-1194. His facility is located at 2720 Cochran Street, Suite #2B and accepts new patients and families.
Posted in: Dental Implants